The capital allowances fixtures regime has undergone a significant change since April 2014 in relation to buying and selling commercial properties. Without clear and practical advice at an early stage of a transaction, allowances could now either be under claimed or permanently lost.
This can lead to PI claims if this complex area of property tax is not looked at properly.
Capital Allowances – Avoiding the Pitfalls for Lawyers & Tax Advisors
The full webinar (available HERE) will re-cap the Finance Act 2014 fixtures legislation and how they have worked in practice since inception. With the use of case studies the webinar will also illustrate how to avoid pitfalls as well as identify key strategies to maximise allowances for either the buyer or seller.
Aimed at property lawyers and tax advisers this webinar assumes a working knowledge of underlying capital allowances legislation.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Reminder of key practical implications of FA 2014 Fixtures Legislation
- How the rules have worked in practice
- Avoiding pitfalls when buying & selling commercial properties
- Key strategies and case studies
- Commercial Property Standard Enquiries (CPSE) responses
- Capital allowances contract wording
The full pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 10th May 2016 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
There is also the option to obtain a full recording on DVD.